A Guide to Healthy, Happy Skin
As the body’s largest organ, our skin requires a regular beauty regime in order to look its best. Here are our in-salon tips for a healthy, happy, glowing complexion.
Cleansing not only removes make-up but also the grime that has attached itself to your skin throughout the day. Make-up wipes although quick and convenient do not effectively remove all traces of make-up and can actually spread bacteria around the face instead of removing it. We recommend a double cleanse each evening with a cleanser designed specifically to treat your skin type.
- Medik8 Beta Cleanse is an antibacterial foaming exfoliator. Ideal if you suffer from oily, problem skin.
- Trilogy Active Enzyme Cleansing Cream is an antioxidant packed cleanser for mature or ageing skin.
- Korres Mild Cleansing Gel with soothing Mountain Tea and Belatine is ideal for sensitive, dry, tight skin.
- Medik8 Red Alert Cleanse is an anti-redness cleanser that is particularly effective at combatting rosacea.
The best way to protect yourself from the ravages of ageing is to use a suitable SPF product every day. Even during the winter months our hands and face are exposed to the elements that over time take their toll on skin texture and elasticity. Slick on a broad-spectrum SPF each morning before applying your make-up. Reapply throughout the day during the hot summer months when UV is especially high.
- Vitage Skin Defence SPF 30 is a gentle SPF with powerful antioxidants and broad-spectrum protection.
Nourish The Eyes
The skin around our eyes is very delicate and the first area to show signs of ageing. To combat this, ensure you use a product specifically designed for the eye area. Apply a small amount to the outer corner of the eye (think the size of a grain of rice) and massage the product around the orbital bone.
- Decleor Excellence De’Lage Regenerating Eye and Lip Cream is the ideal multifunctional product for mature skin.
- Medik8 Pretox Eyelift is an anti-ageing formula that is also highly effective at removing dark circles.
- Trilogy Eye Contour Cream is suitable for all skin types.
Exfoliation is an important part of your skin regime. As our skin ages, our ability to regenerate new cells depletes and our skin may need to a helping hand maintaining its glow. There are now a host of different exfoliators on the market that are very effective at removing dead skin cells. Avoid products that contain manmade exfoliating beads, as this can be very damaging to the environment.
- Trilogy Gentle Facial Exfoliator is gentle enough for most skin types.
- Decleor Phytopeel Face Peel Exfoliating Cream isa natural exfoliating cream that cleanses the skin and gently removes dead cells, leaving the skin clear, healthy, smooth and radiant.
The occasional blemish is inevitable but picking or squeezing a spot can lead to unsightly scarring. Keep your hands away from your face to avoid spreading bacteria and apply an appropriate blemish control product to speed up the healing process.
- PRIORI Perfection Facial Gel is the first port of call for mature, problem skin. This product will minimize breakouts and unblock pores while tackling fine lines and wrinkles.
- Medik8 BetaGel is specifically designed to tackle spots fast. Ideal for those with oily, problem or acne prone skin.
- Trilogy Blemish Control Gel provides a natural solution for problem skin banishing blemishes with a potent mix of rosehip, salicylic acid and mandarin extract. Suitable for all skin types.
All products are currently available to buy from Sutherlands Hair and Beauty retail area.
Looking for further advice on your skincare routine? Our qualified skin clinic experts provide free skin consultations for all clients. Click here too to check out our free Dermalux treatment offer for August 2014 only. Call 01382 542369 for further information.