We aim to ensure clients have the best possible advice both prior to and post-treatment. Please read the following information prior to booking an appointment in the salon.
- Consultation Information: to ensure you are not contraindicated to any treatment.
- Pretreatment Advice: should be read prior to attending an appointment.
- Aftercare Advice: to be read following your appointment for best results.
Children under the age of 16 should have consent from a parent or guardian prior to any appointment.
- Local Contraindications: treatments cannot be performed over contraindicated areas.
- Medical Contraindications: please seek medical advice prior to booking. In circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients must give their informed consent in writing.
- Total Contraindications: prohibit a treatment from taking place.
- Varicose Veins (body)
- Medical Implants (body – avoid area)
- Heart Conditions
- Low Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure see pharmacist (certain medications can have a relaxation effect on the muscles)
- Headaches/Migraine (can trigger)
- Asthma (skin particles during microdermabrasion can effect breathing)
- HRT (can effect results)
- Major Operation (3 months for CACI facial treatment)
- Nail Disorders (hand treatments)
- Arthritis/Rheumatism (steroid medication can effect results)
- Nourishing oils will be used on your skin during your treatment. We suggest showering before your appointment these oils can be left to work on the skin for as long as possible.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- Do not undertake any other facial treatments within 48 hours of your appointment.
- Avoid heat treatments such as sauna, steam room for 48 hours.
- Avoid perfumed products, self tan or heavy makeup application for 24 hours.
- Do not apply exfoliating skincare products to skin for 72 hours after a CACI treatment.
- Avoid touching the area. Your skin’s pores may be open and dirty fingers can cause infection.
- Drink plenty of water to flush away any toxins released during the CACI treatment.
- Avoid showering before bed to allow facial products maximum time to treat your skin.
Your skin works hard to keep you healthy, and you can return the favour by looking after it.
- Use an SPF. Sunlight contains ultraviolet (UV) rays, which are the main cause of skin ageing and can cause skin cancer. At Sutherlands Hair and Beauty we recommend an antioxidant SPF 30 to protect your skin against UVA, UVB and environmental aggressors.
- Stop smoking. Smoking is one of the main environmental factors in premature skin ageing by breaking down and preventing the production of new collagen. Smoking also causes the tiny blood vessels in the skin to constrict, reducing the supply of oxygen to the skin.
- Cut down your alcohol consumption. When you drink alcohol, your body and skin can become dehydrated, leaving the skin looking older and tired.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
- Follow a skin care routine to nourish and treat your skin. Ask your Sutherlands Hair and Beauty skin care professional what products would be best suited to protect and improve your skin. Cleanse morning and night. Exfoliate. Use a mask, eye cream and skin appropriate moisturiser.