We aim to ensure clients have the best possible advice both prior to and post-treatment. Please read the following information prior to booking an appointment in the salon.
- Consultation Information: to ensure you are not contraindicated to any treatment.
- Pretreatment Advice: should be read prior to attending an appointment.
- Aftercare Advice: to be read following your appointment for best results.
Children under the age of 16 should have consent from a parent or guardian prior to any appointment.
- Local Contraindications: treatments cannot be performed over contraindicated areas.
- Medical Contraindications: please seek medical advice prior to booking. In circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients must give their informed consent in writing.
- Total Contraindications: prohibit a treatment from taking place.
- Scar tissue (6 months minor operation, 2 years major operation)
- Areas where topical Roaccutane has been used
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Heat rash
- Hairy moles
- Recent fractures (3 months)
- Check any condition that is already being treated by a GP or another practitioner
- Consult with a Doctor if you are taking any medication that may have an effect on skin sensitivity, condition or blood.
- Cardiovascular Conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypotension, Angina, Pacemakers)
- Medical Oedema
- Nervous/Psychotic conditions
- Recent Operations
- Trapped/Pinched Nerve
- Inflamed Nerve
- Severe Varicose Veins
- Oral Roaccutane Medication
- Contagious diseases (Impetigo, Scabies, Chicken Pox, Mumps)
- Infectious diseases
- Under the Influence of (alcohol, drugs, prescribed pain medication)
- Hypersensitive Skin
- Loss of Skin Sensation
- Vascular Skin
- Severe Varicose Veins
- Do you have any allergies, particularly to any type of resin/glue i.e. plasters, beeswax or lanolin? A patch test can be offered in the salon a few days prior to any appointment.
- For best results hair should be at least 1/4 inch long.
- Exfoliate prior to appointment to loosen any ingrowing hairs.
- Trim hair for all Bikini waxing
- Avoid the use of a sun bed tanning and sun exposure for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Exfoliate 3 days after treatment and between appointments to reduce ingrown hairs.
- Do not have a hot bath/shower or use a sauna, steam room or swimming pool for 24 hours.
- Do not sunbed or use a solarium for 24 hours.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing over the area for 24 hours.
- Do not apply any perfumed or self tanning products to the waxed area.
- Use Lycon Ingrown X-It spray and Anti Bump foaming Gel daily to eliminate the appearance of unsightly lumps, bumps and ingrown hairs.