Eyelash ExtensionsDownload Consultation Card
We aim to ensure clients have the best possible advice both prior to and post-treatment. Please read the following information prior to booking an appointment in the salon.
- Consultation Information: to ensure you are not contraindicated to any treatment.
- Pretreatment Advice: should be read prior to attending an appointment.
- Aftercare Advice: to be read following your appointment for best results.
Children under the age of 16 should have consent from a parent or guardian prior to any appointment.
- Local Contraindications: treatments cannot be performed over contraindicated areas.
- Medical Contraindications: please seek medical advice prior to booking. In circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients must give their informed consent in writing.
- Total Contraindications: prohibit a treatment from taking place.
- Scar tissue (6 months minor operation, 2 years major operation)
- Undiagnosed Lumps/Bumps
- Check any condition that is already being treated by a GP or another practitioner.
- Reaction to Patch Test
- Skin Condition around eye area (Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
- Any eye surgery (approximately 6 months)
- Contact lenses must be removed
- A recent eye infection
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Hordeolum/ Styes
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eye
- Corneal Disease
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Please attend your appointment free from eye makeup
- If your eyelashes are fair and require an eyelash tint, this appointment should be booked separately. Eyelash tint treatments require a patch test if first time or if it has been longer than 6 months since your last treatment.
- Individaul lashes are black in colour, so a tint is suggested if lashes are light.
- Do not get lashes wet for first 48 hours.
- Avoid steam, saunas and swimming for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid touching rubbing or introducing foreign bodies or contaminants into the eye area.
- Ensure lashes are not disturbed or manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics).
- Do not perm lashes or use curlers.
- Do not use waterproof mascara.
- Use oil-free make up remover if mascara is worn.
- Please book in to have your lashes removed in the salon or purchase the professional remover at Sutherlands Hair and Beauty and follow your therapists advice.
- If you have opted for the Nouveau Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extension treatment, we suggest booking in for an infill appointment every 2 – 3 weeks to keep your lashes looking their best. (The average lash cycle is 90 days, so lashes will naturally fall out during this time.)