We aim to ensure clients have the best possible advice both prior to and post-treatment. Please read the following information prior to booking an appointment in the salon.
- Consultation Information: to ensure you are not contraindicated to any treatment.
- Pretreatment Advice: should be read prior to attending an appointment.
- Aftercare Advice: to be read following your appointment for best results.
Children under the age of 16 should have consent from a parent or guardian prior to any appointment.
- Local Contraindications: treatments cannot be performed over contraindicated areas.
- Medical Contraindications: please seek medical advice prior to booking. In circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients must give their informed consent in writing.
- Total Contraindications: prohibit a treatment from taking place.
- Any eye condition will prohibit this treatment from taking place.
- Check any condition that is already being treated by a GP or another practitioner.
- Skin Condition around eye area (Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
- A Recent Eye Infection
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Pregnancy/breastfeeding (if reaction antihistamines are recommended and would require a doctor’s appointment if you are pregnant to breastfeeding)
- Please attend your appointment free from eye makeup. Do not wear water-proof mascara for 24 hours ahead of your appointment.
- A patch test is required at least 48 hours prior to your first LVL appointment within our salon. You should also book a patch test prior to treatment if it has been over six months since your last LVL treatment or your medical circumstances have changed since your last appointment.
On the day of your appointment:
- Do not wear mascara.
- Do not have a spray tan.
- Avoid applying oily products on your lashes or around your eyes.
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to the treatment, for this reason we recommend glasses are worn.
- Do not get lashes wet or use mascara for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid steam, saunas and swimming for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid touching, rubbing or introducing foreign bodies or contaminants into the treatment area.
- Ensure the lashes are not disturbed or manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics).
- Do not perm lashes or use lash curlers.
- Avoid strong sunlight or UV light if tinted.